LED LIGHT THERAPY FAQ's
WHAT IS LOW-LEVEL LIGHT THERAP?
You may have heard of the terms biophotonic or low-level light therapy. Both terms synonymously are used to describe the delivery of light energy to treat a variety of medical conditions. So what is low-level light therapy? It’s the application of specific wavelengths of light energy to tissue to obtain therapeutic benefits. The energy delivered is then used to improve cellular performance. Low-level light therapy can be delivered through light emitting diode (LED) devices or cold lasers, and has a variety of applications across many medical fields. The treatment is non-invasive, painless, requires no recovery time, and can be used on all skin types.
Acne doesn't stand a chance! Let’s clarify: When P. acne bacteria builds up in pores, skin becomes inflamed, causing acne lesions and blemishes. Celluma light therapy works safely and effectively, without abrasive chemicals, harmful UV-rays or side effects, to destroy this acne-causing bacteria — not only clearing up existing blemishes, but preventing future breakouts before they happen. In just minutes a day, you’ll be on your way to a clearer, smoother, more radiant complexion.
Depending on your level of acne we recommend starting with at least 2x a week for 3 weeks. Upon your first visit, your Esthetician will help decide the best regimen for you.
Package of 6 stand alone treatments: $300
FIRMING & LIFTING
In just minutes a day, you can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while experiencing an improvement in skin texture, quality and smoothness. Using wavelengths that are scientifically proven to stimulate fibroblasts to increase collagen and elastin, Celluma’s low-level light therapy is a safe, effective and convenient way to achieve a healthy, youthful glow in a natural, non-toxic, non-invasive manner.
For best & long lasting results, we recommend doing a series of 3 sessions a week for 4 weeks. Upon your first visit, your Esthetician will help decide the best regimen for you. Results will be noticeable after the first session, but will make a drastic difference after the series.
Package of 12 stand alone treatments: $600
- Women who are pregnant should consult their physician before beginning LED light therapy treatments.
- Clients with Epilepsy should consult their physician before beginning LED light therapy treatments.
- Must wait five days after Botox or cosmetic fillers.
Cautions with medications because of light sensitivity:
The following medicines are known to cause temporary photosensitivity and Celluma cannot be performed on any client on these medications::
- Chlorpromazine (Anti-psychotic), also know as Thorazine, Chlorpromazine HcL, Sonazine. Client can be treated if the medication has not been taken within the last 8 days.
- Griseofulvin (Anti-Fungal), also known as Grifulvin V, Fulvicin P/G, Gris-Peg. Client can be treated if the medication has not been taken within the last five days.
- Isotretinoin (Anti-Acne), also know as Accutane. The client can be treated if the medication has not been taken within the last six months.
- Tetracycline’s (antibiotic) also known as Helidac, Terra-Cortril, Terramycin, Sumycin, Tetracycline HcL, Bristacycline, Achromycin V, Actisite, Tetrex, Doxycycline, Ciprofloxacin. Client can be treated if the medication has not been taken within the last five days.
- Methotrexate (Anti-Arthritis & Anti-Cancer), also known as Methotrexate Sodium, PF & LPF, Mexate-AQ, Folex, Trexall. Client can be treated if the medicine has not been taken within the lat three days.
- Amiodarone (Anti-Arrythmic), also known as Amiodarone Codarone x, Pacerone. Treatment can be administered at the physician’s discretion.